Storefront Political Media Summer Programs
The Storefront Political Media Summer Fellowship Program
We have two openings still available in our Summer Fellowship Program for a current graduate student with expertise in public policy and political research. Excellent written and verbal skills are a must, and graduate level coursework relating to current public policy issues is preferred. The ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines is required. Applicants must submit a writing sample, resume and cover letter no later than May 24, 2013. Compensation is based on experience. Please send an email titled, "Storefront Summer Fellowship Applicant" with application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Storefront Political Media Summer Internship Program
Storefront Political Media is offering summer internships in the following areas: Creative & Media Production, Public Policy & Research, Earned Media, Social Media & Online Organizing, Political Data and Social Innovation. Applicants interested in applying are encouraged to send a resume, cover letter and writing sample or creative portfolio to the designated email provided with each program description.
All applications are due by May 24, 2013. Internships are unpaid, but opportunity for school credit is available.
Creative & Media Production Internship
Responsibilities for the Creative & Media Production Intern can include curating online video content such as blogs, photography and web and graphic design. Additionally, the Creative/ Media Production Intern will assist with editing tasks, accompany staff and crew on location during shoots and support staff with special events. Must be comfortable with shooting in HD and using DSLR still cameras.
Experience with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Photoshop/InDesign is preferred. To apply please send a resume, cover letter and portfolio sample to email@example.com no later than May 24.
Public Policy & Research Internship
Responsibilities of the Public Policy & Research Internship include assisting Storefront Political Media Staff with the following:
- Research: The primary role of the Public Policy & Research Intern will be researching local policy initiatives, trending political/economic topics and historical data and statistics relating to clients' constituencies.
- Writing: Responsibilities will include writing policy papers, research projects, and data reports.
- Policy Monitoring: The Public Policy Intern will also be responsible for monitoring and aggregating relevant studies from reputable, policy-based think tanks, drafting summaries of findings and briefing staff.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject titled, "Applicant for Public Policy & Research Internship" no later than May 24.
Earned Media Internship
Responsibilities of the Earned Media intern include assisting Storefront Political Media staff with the following:
- News Monitoring: Primary role of this internship is to track local, state & national press coverage through various news outlets, including: websites, papers, credible news blogs, radio interviews, etc.
- Writing: The Earned Media Intern will be responsible for producing press & policy briefings to the Storefront Staff and generating daily content for online media outlets.
- Publicity: Responsibilities include maintaining a calendar of local events and assisting various campaigns and clients in event advertising and outreach though both online & traditional methods.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com, with the subject titled, "Applicant for Earned Media Internship" no later than May 24.
Social Media & Online Organizing Internship
Responsibilities of the Social Media & Online Organizing intern include the following:
- Online Content Management: The primary role of this internship is to manage and upload daily content to various websites, blogs and online publications; as well as generating dialogue in social networking spaces and gathering/maintaining media contact lists (relevant websites, blogs, print, audio and visual media).
- New Media Integration: The Social Media Intern will be responsible for integrating new media technologies into Storefront Political Media's communications strategies.
- Event Production: Assist in staffing clients' events, coordinating logistics and managing follow-up communications to event attendees.
Knowledge of Wordpress and/or Drupal and Basic HTML skills are preferred, but not required. To apply please send a resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 24.
Social Innovation Internship
Responsibilities of the Social Innovation Intern include the following:
- Research: The primary role of this internship is to research and analyze the work of organizations and programs that are creatively leveraging technology to create positive change within their communities.
- Writing: The Social Innovation Intern will be required to produce articles, blog posts and briefings of various change agents, and will need to be able to track and analyze the effectiveness of each model studied.
- Presentation: The Social Innovation Intern will need to draw from their research the most effective practices utilized by the array of the change agents studied in order to lead a presentation of their findings to a team of peers and supervisors that will summarize and analyze various social innovation practices and ultimately recommend strategies to implement on a local level.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com, with the subject titled, "Applicant for Social Innovation Internship" no later than May 24.
Political Data Internship
Responsibilities of the Political Data Intern include the following:
- Research: The political data intern will be responsible for tracking emerging stories about technologies relating to the functions and use of Big Data and presenting weekly briefings to the Storefront Political Media team.
- Technology: The Political Data intern will need to have a basic understanding of the functionality of relational databases.
- Analysis: The Political Data intern will be responsible for aggregating dynamic sets of crucial data. An ideal candidate would have the ability to manage large data sets and will be asked to contribute in staff analysis of Big Data.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject titled, "Applicant for Political Data Internship" no later than May 24.